Kent Armstrong Motherbucker

METALSUSTAIN

hey

this tthigs got 8 conductor wiring , and i was just wondering if you could just use 4 switches to go between , on , off anf phase ?

just the motherbucker and a volume

could someone help me with this ?

or perhaps a volume push pul coil tap to drop it to a dual rail pickup then a toggle to turn it into a single rail

so it can be toned down

any help with these examples ?

thanks

is it the one thats basically like two rail humbuckers - if so you are best to treat it exactly like two pickups

mabe a series/single coil/parallel switch would be best.

That would give you the humbucker on full, just one humbucker and the humbuckers wired in parallel so they have less output and a different sound

switch one is series/parallel for one half of the motherbucker(pickups 1), switch two is series/parallel for the other half of humbucker (pickup 2) - but if you use a 3 way on/off/on switch the middle position will turn pickup 2 off completely.

then the 3rd switch is to decide if you want the pickup 1 and pickup 2 wired togther in series or parallel - but i guess it lets you turn off pickup 1 in the middle position so you just have pickup 2 by itself

Personally i would go with a normal pickup selector switch wired for pickup1/both/pickup 2 - then i would probably have a 3 way on-on-on mini switch for each pickup wired like the series/singlecoil/parallel switch.

it would feel more logical anyway - especially if both the mini switches did the same thing

the series/singlecoil/parallel switch can basically be seen as a fullpower/halfpower/quarterpower switch although the reality isnt that simpleand there are other tonal differences in how they sound

switch one is series/parallel for one half of the motherbucker(pickups 1), switch two is series/parallel for the other half of humbucker (pickup 2) - but if you use a 3 way on/off/on switch the middle position will turn pickup 2 off completely.

then the 3rd switch is to decide if you want the pickup 1 and pickup 2 wired togther in series or parallel - but i guess it lets you turn off pickup 1 in the middle position so you just have pickup 2 by itself

Personally i would go with a normal pickup selector switch wired for pickup1/both/pickup 2 - then i would probably have a 3 way on-on-on mini switch for each pickup wired like the series/singlecoil/parallel switch.

it would feel more logical anyway - especially if both the mini switches did the same thing

the series/singlecoil/parallel switch can basically be seen as a fullpower/halfpower/quarterpower switch although the reality isnt that simpleand there are other tonal differences in how they sound

hmm yeah , i see what you mean wez

just like a gibson style pickup selector

that would be easier , less holes at least

athough i might just put like a coil tap push pull for the humbucker closest the brige , just incase i need to frop down to a single coil doe something

but thanks everyone

hanks or not

thanks