Great Deal On A Spray Gun

thegarehanman

Hey guys, I needed to get a new spray gun yesterday because my previous one was gunked up pretty badly by someone who borrowed it. Anyhow, I decided to get the same gun because it had worked great for me for the year or so that I used it. It was a 20oz. gravity feed gun with max. pressure, flow rate, and fan shape controls. Harbor freight normally sells it for about $40. However, when I went to the store yesterday, I found that it was on sale for $13. Needless to say, I bought two. I don't think the same deal will apply on their online store as the two companies are opporated seperately. Anyhow, it's a great gun, especially for that price. I'm not sure how long the sale will go for, unfortunately.

peace,

russ

Hey guys, I needed to get a new spray gun yesterday because my previous one was gunked up pretty badly by someone who borrowed it. Anyhow, I decided to get the same gun because it had worked great for me for the year or so that I used it. It was a 20oz. gravity feed gun with max. pressure, flow rate, and fan shape controls. Harbor freight normally sells it for about $40. However, when I went to the store yesterday, I found that it was on sale for $13. Needless to say, I bought two. I don't think the same deal will apply on their online store as the two companies are opporated seperately. Anyhow, it's a great gun, especially for that price. I'm not sure how long the sale will go for, unfortunately.

peace,

russ

If I'm thinking of the same gun, then they're on sale for $12-13 very often. The purple one, right? I have one, and I like it. I hear the QC is spotty, though, so it might be a good idea to open up boxes and cherry pick.

The last time I saw it on sale it was going for something like $25. I've heard the same things about their QC. However, the last gun I had worked fine, and I tested both of the guns I bought yesterday and both are fine as well. Remember that sometimes people will call a tool bad when they simply don't know how to tweak it. Happens more often than it should. Still, opening it up at the store to check it out isn't a bad idea.

peace,

russ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC03634.jpg

This 2 I bought from them. One 18 and the small 8 on sale both. I wanted the one you got, but it was too much for my compressor. The big one is border line in the CFM's, but it works great to shoot poly. The other one I use only for base coats, and even thought its so small, I had no problems shooting my yamaha metallic base coat from it.

I have a pretty small compressor too. I'm not sure about the cfm specs on the compressor and gun, but I wouldn't be surprised if the gun was higher than my compressor. However, with guitars, you're shooting in such small sessions per coat, that the compressor doesn't kick on until the end, even with a 5-10 gallon unit. You could probably get away with it too.

peace,

russ

This 2 I bought from them. One 18 and the small 8 on sale both. I wanted the one you got, but it was too much for my compressor. The big one is border line in the CFM's, but it works great to shoot poly. The other one I use only for base coats, and even thought its so small, I had no problems shooting my yamaha metallic base coat from it.

The smaller gun looks exactly like what I use to shoot poly. I love that gun!

Is the small one any good for bursting? I've been eyeing one like it.

yes, the small one is good for burst. Better than for top coat I must add!

Russ, it will work, but it is not the ideal combination. If you match the cfm's the atomization of the mix is better. On poly, I can shoot a nice thick coat on 1 pass without any reducer on. My gun on a smaller compressor will need some reducing. This is not the same for nitro, just for 2 part poly.

yes, the small one is good for burst. Better than for top coat I must add!

I happened to see the small one on sale for $7.99 today at HF, so I bought one. Seems pretty good, but I won't get to try it out for a couple more weeks. I don't see how I could go wrong for $8, though.

Edited by fookgub