New Classic Rhoads Guitar Project

this is my next project. an original rhoads shape solid african mahogany body with zebrawood neck and rosewood fretboard. it will be finished with tung oil. i dont have the neck wood yet, should arrive by the end of the week. guitarheads hex pole pickups, and 2 volume, 1 tone. this is my 7th rhoads guitar. ya i know, im obsessed.

newrhoadsproject.jpg

i have decided to go with the kl headstock again for this project. with the zebrawood neck it should look awesome. and with 3x3 black tuners with wooden knobs on the tuners. what do you think? any thoughts? i like to know what people think about my projects, especially since my threads never get very many replies. thanks!

i have decided to go with the kl headstock again for this project. with the zebrawood neck it should look awesome. and with 3x3 black tuners with wooden knobs on the tuners. what do you think? any thoughts? i like to know what people think about my projects, especially since my threads never get very many replies. thanks!

imo, Rhoads V's are meant to be 6 in line. the body shape doesn't lend itself well to 3+3, again, imo.

imo, Rhoads V's are meant to be 6 in line. the body shape doesn't lend itself well to 3+3, again, imo.

Yeah I must say I like 6 in line on a Rhoads too.

thats pretty cool are you going to put the pickup selector on the side like the original?

no, i really dont like the switch there. but due to a major screw up on my part, i will have to put a diamond plate top on it. it really hurts to do this on such great looking wood. but i must salvage it somehow.

thats pretty cool are you going to put the pickup selector on the side like the original?

Pickup switch on the side? Howso?

Pickup switch on the side? Howso?

like this.

look on on the top side right by the strap

PN016538.jpg