Looking For Gibson Neck

icetrey

I bought an Encore guitar from a friend to refinish. The neck has too many dents and dings to repair and I want to make it as close to a Gibson as possible. The only places I can find that have pre made guitar necks only have strat and tele style headstocks. I found a store on Ebay that has Gibson headstock templates but I'd rather by a pre made if at all possible. Any help?

I have an epiphone neck. At least it looks like one, I got it on ebay awhile back and never used it.

I would think about doing that, but I plan on refinishing it and putting a logo that says Custom or something like that on it. And I don't wanna have to do that the sanding that comes with that if it's possible for me to buy one. Thanks for the reply though.

I have an epiphone neck. At least it looks like one, I got it on ebay awhile back and never used it.

I would think about doing that, but I plan on refinishing it and putting a logo that says Custom or something like that on it. And I don't wanna have to do that the sanding that comes with that if it's possible for me to buy one. Thanks for the reply though.

I used an Epiphone neck for the Cigar Box Guitar Jr. (doomed to loose the GOTM, but Meh). Sanding off the headstock finish on top is EASY. In my case, I used Titebond II and cigar box art to dress up the headstock. After that it was just a few simple coats of lacquer just like any other finish.

The results can be seen here.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jehle/photos/CBG-JR-HEAD.jpg

On second thought. Man that was REALLY REALLY HARD to do that. Months of work. And it's probably a really bad idea to do that. Whew, glad I was able to WARN you about using those necks like that.

Psssst, how much did you want for that Epiphone neck? :D