Non-traditional body shapes

I always like it when builders push their designs.

Here's a builder with a novel design.

fabchit.jpg

Manne Guitars

It's a little like something from Battlestar Galactica, but the more I look, the more I like. Ergonomics and balance look great, despite a few sharp corners.

I think guitarists are so traditional when it comes to guitar design, we're still fixated on the very first designs that came out 50 years ago. Bass players are much more progressive.

-Sven

:D Hey There Now!!! B)

BTW, I'll give up my 'source', there's nothing new under the sun if you look around long enough.

I lifted my basic idea from the book 'The Ultimate Guitar Book' (Tony Bacon, Knopf publishing)

Look on page 175 at the bottom, the 'Status' bass, that's where I got the initial idea for my shape, I changed some things here and there, as we all do. But if you look further (I just did) on page 179 at the Vigier bass, I'd swear this guy Manne took the Status and Vigier and blended them to get his. Nothing new out there.

The first thing that hit me about his was it looked more like a bass design moreso than a guitar design, and I think you'd agree if you looked at these two pics, they're both basses. I'd bet he started out with basses and just modified that design for guitar.

But it is a classy look, I like it. :D