New Doubleneck

PTModIT

very nice; but if i had one negative critique, it would be that they are 2 of the same guitar;

it looks like the bottom guitar is active but besides that its double body is pointless;

but the overall work looks astounding :D

im a big fan of the hetfield type shape for guitars

and its good to see this type of quality relatively close to home :D

grant

I’ve always wanted to get into building double neck guitars. I’ve just never had anyone order one from me. Guess they aren’t as popular as they were in the 70’s.

I also have to agree with LEF. It does seem pointless to have a double neck with the only difference being the pickups. Along with that, one neck has square corners on the fret board and the other one has rounded corners. This seems a little off to me.

I’d like to see some more pictures. Ones that haven’t been put into photo shop to cut out the background.

I will say that the choice of body styles is great and lends itself to having enough room to pull off a double neck design. I like it more than the SG ones.

Hi,The guitar is hanging on the wall with a black sheet behind it. The necks are identical. If you are talking about the necks being round or squared off around the headstock its because the fabric is around the bracket holding it up .As for a doubleneck with two 6 strings , I've seen lots .I've seen them with a baritone setup with tremolos..... . Wouldn't it be a musician preference.Besides the 12 string neck is not finished yet. I just finished with what I had.Thanks.

I would agree with you. A standard/baritone or a tremolo/non tremolo would make sense like a 6/12 or a guitar/bass set up would but from what I could see this guitar is set up with the exact same scale and bridge set up so it’s basically a double neck passive/active.

Had you said; this is my work in progress which will be a 6/12 when it gets done I would have possibly worded myself differently.

Again, I still like the idea and the body shape is good!

im a big fan of the hetfield type shape for guitars

Eck. Attributing the design to Metallica now? The "hetfield type shape" is the Gibson Explorer that started it's long and illustrious life in 1958. :D

Yah, I've been a fan of his for a long time. When I make a build I plan on keeping for myself I go with his actives. His PAF aren’t bad either. I haven’t tried his invader style pickups yet. I'm sure they are good too. I put his QDD2 boosters in a guitar and I was very impressed with the circuit. They are much better than the afterburner or the Pa2.