Through-body Neck

hey guys, I finished my first electric guitar this past summer and I am looking forward to making my next one. I want to make a gibson firefird style guitar with a through body neck. For my first guitar i just bought a cheap bolt-on neck off of ebay, but it wasnt very high quality as i've had some problems with the frets. I was wondering if any of you knew a good place to get a decent through-body neck for a decent price.

thnks in advance

my guitar can be found here if anyone is curious

hey guys, I finished my first electric guitar this past summer and I am looking forward to making my next one. I want to make a gibson firefird style guitar with a through body neck. For my first guitar i just bought a cheap bolt-on neck off of ebay, but it wasnt very high quality as i've had some problems with the frets. I was wondering if any of you knew a good place to get a decent through-body neck for a decent price.

thnks in advance

Do yourself a huge favor. Build the neck yourself. If for some reason you think you are not ready, just stop and look at your nice work on your first guitar. Necks are not difficult, but they are the heart of your guitar.

Peace,Rich

thnks in advance

Stewmac. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,...uitar_Neck.html

Fretted, blank headstock, ebony fretboard. Good luck with your project.

Also might look up Soulmate Guitars, Doug is a member here and does great neck work.

From your first build, it looks like you have the skills to build your own neck. Neck building does take it up a notch because it requires more precision in planning and measurements than building a body, and you'll learn a lot more about how to do precise fretwork and setup, but it's a necessary next step in the evolution of building your skill level IMO.

Listen to Fry and Erik...I have bought premade neck throughs before from carvin,before I started building my own,and I was completely astounded at how superior a self made neck can be.proper wood selection and using the right glues and everything makes a huge difference.

Unless you go with Doug of soulmate.He hand builds his necks as far as I know,and I would not hesitate to use him if I ever decided I didn't feel like making a neck myself