Amplifier

sb guitars

Furthermore, if you aren't aswering the question/ posting usefull information; then please don't post at all. No offence is meant, but i don't have time to read a post of someone being so negative to my wants----yayayaya i know that I must sound really selfish by continously writing WANT :D

I think you're sounding more arrogant than selfish. But then it might be just me, english not being my first language....

Good advice has been given here, and you seem to have no need to take any of it with humility, so now surprise us with your ultimate amp design. One combining high wattage tube technology and some cutting edge digital processing (ah, and Celestion speakers). Let me tell you that's a lot of expertise we're talking about.

Maybe you really are an expert in these fields and just your attitude is slightly off, I really wish you the best of lucks.

Edited by Blackdog

Maybe a bit off the subject(or not),but I keep hearing great things about the new line of spider valve amps from line 6...digital processing running through tube preamp AND poweramp.So it isn't the worst idea ever I am sure.

SB...Just build what you want...Building smaller projects first to me just means you will end up with alot of junk you don't want,so I say go for it.But do read all of the warnings about lethal voltages.I myself would never build an amp,but that is just me.Electronics baffle me.

I don't know about the quality of this kits, but they are looking more appealing to me everyday... I just can't bear myself to pay $400 for an 18W kit when I can get a brand new Carvin MTS 50-100W for $600. I guess it will have to be the satisfaction of building it myself???

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits.htm

A well-built old-school amp kit with quality components will smoke a mass-produced PCB amp. Unless you like cold, sterile buzzsaw sounds. :D

Hey guys,

This thread has really caught my interest. I would also like to build an amp but don't know where to start really. I play mostly heavy metal but also classic rock kinda stuff. I was looking at a Marshall JCM800. I found the schematic and everything from the other thread about building an amp and it looks pretty cool. I'm just thinking about adding in an effects loop maybe...

Anyways, couldn't sb guitars here just build an amp he finds to his liking and throw in an effects loop for his effects? Wouldn't that be the way to go?

Jake