Can This Even Be Called A Tele Anymore?

A few months ago, I was griping on folks putting anything but 2 S/Cs in a tele. I'm starting to come around. I'm not so sure about the red pup covers, but otherwise, this really looks killer. Geo nailed it - there's something about a tele shape that makes it unbelievably adaptable.

It's a little like a VW Bug. You can paint those things any color and it'd look great. Seriously - I've seen them in neon green, as a ladybug, animal prints, rally stripes, traditional colors, and dozens of other themes, and they always look good. A tele & strat are much the same way.

Although I don't think I've ever seen a strat with P-90s. But if I did, it'd probably look OK.

Thanks guys.. I appreciate the feedback. The red tops on the pickups are actually pearloid which came with the pickups. I personally feel they are a bit bright but they dont detract from the fretboard so i'm okay. Besides, they are supposed to have the tone of p-90's and the humbucking ability of humbuckers.

As for the PH rings...I'll pass on this one.

I'd also like to make note of the danelectro style knobs, each pickup is complete with it's own volume and tone... just thought I'd mention it since no one on both forums I posted this one mentioned it. Just something you don't see alot of any more.

Ready for a terrible idea?

Purpleheart pickup rings.

DOOO EEEEET!!! B)

Oh, and yeah, that fretboard is magnificent. It just screams out at the world!

it is a terrible idea :D:D

the black works very well with the bridge and hardware and th red tops work well with the wood.. great stuff

i did notice the dual pots and presumed you had volume and tone for each pickup and didnt really think about what the mini switches did.. if they were humbuckers i would have said series/single/parallel switches... are they humbucking? i presumed it was 3 humbucker sized P-90's from the look of the beast