I haven't gotten any guitar work done in the last two weeks because I've been building various stuff for Christmas presents. So far I made a pair of bandsawn reindeer and an old school toolbox for my girlfriend's parents, and I'm working on another toolbox/paint organizer for my girlfriend. I can't get pictures of the first two, though, because I already gave them. The last one is starting to look like a high school shop project, and, frankly, I don't want to post pictures of it.

Anyway, I know some of you guys just love hanging out in the shop. If you're working on something neat, why not show it off?

Here is a windchime that I just finished making for my girlfriend. The wooden parts are made from Padauk. I used a woodburner to make a heart on the bottom, and wrote "Te Amo." Hopefully she will like it. :D

windchime.jpg

Here is a windchime that I just finished making for my girlfriend. The wooden parts are made from Padauk. I used a woodburner to make a heart on the bottom, and wrote "Te Amo." Hopefully she will like it. :D

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/shre...n/windchime.jpg

Neat project, and a cool gift idea. My girlfriends parents have a giant set of wind chimes that her brother built in high school.

I just noticed this is in Announcements & Test. I meant to put it in Off-Topic. Mods?

Edited by fookgub

Not really a gift for anyone, but I gutted out front hallway, rewired it and added elctricty to our front proch and insulated that walls. Hung drywall and am almost done with the spackling. Should have it primed this weekend and painted after Xmas and then it's time to strip down and refinish the hardwood floor.