I really like this place!

I was recently registered with another discussion forum for guitar builders that shall remain nameless for the time being. Not a very friendly place and run with a certain air of "**** retentiveness" towards posters. But enough of that, I'm glad to have found this forum which is much more in tune to my personality.

I'm 45, been tinkering, fixing and rebuilding guitars for about 25 yrs. I just finished my first guitar from scratch and am very happy with the results. I'm looking forward to learning more, as always, and hope I can be of service to others in areas of my own personal experience.

Okie dokie! I already posted this link in the inlay section re: "mahogany" thread. All the guitar specs are listed there too. But I can cut 'n paste the text into here.

http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/158054871

All Honduras mahogany neckthrough

Grover tuners

Schaller roller bridge (tune-o-matic) - had to cut 4 degree neck angle

Golden Age overwound humbuckers (12 Kohm)

StewMac Bi-flex "Hotrod" truss rod

Stainless steel pickguard - homemade

strat-style plugin - had to fashion a black plastic retaining ring, thats what happens when you cut holes a little too big.

body style is a tracing of the lower half of my 67 Hagstrom III and then mirrored.

Arrow shaped headstock w/ staggered tuners allows for strings running straight thru the nut.

3- 500K pots (2 vol. and 1 tone) .047 ufarad capacitor

Black Ice Overdrive capacitor mounted on 250K pot

Rosewood fretboard - 24 3/4 scale - precut

Medium jumbo frets

• 1 month later...

Been there -8- years with -no- plans to leave, although my attendance there over the years always changes (light, not at all, heavy, kinda heavy, occasionally, etc...)

I understand your point, and you're welcome to it, but anyone who disses the MIMF, I gotta get equal time in to praise them since they're not here to defend themselves.

You should diss them THERE, ...maybe they'll listen to you and make a change or two, or maybe the reason you left was a personal mismatch, thus there's still no reason to diss them. Or maybe you don't quite understand why they act the way they do, you didn't give them enough of a fair chance...who knows?

Or start a thread about it and flush your feelings wide out in the open. I'll invite a few of them to read it and see what they think. There's always 2 sides to every story.

The MIMF is a *tremendous* resource and a *vast* wealth of information. I started building before I joined the MIMF, but it has still been a huge help to me over the years. A HUGE HELP. I have gotten personal and incredibly helpful information from professional builders who didn't have to give me the time of day if they didn't feel like it, but they did.

There is information at the MIMF that exists nowhere else on-line that I've found.

:D So there. B)

:D

I have to agree with Drak. The MIMF is a fantastic resource. Granted it's not what I would call a fun place but it's what they want it to be, a serious resourse for serious craftsmen. I just play along with their rules so I can reap the wealth of knowledge.

BTW: You can't discuss this there, it's against the rules (see quote below) to talk about the methods and madness of their rules and regulations. :D

Participants may not use the MIMForum to publicly debate the Forum policies listed here. Such messages will be deleted without comment. If you have a concern or complaint about the way the MIMForum is run, please e-mail the sysop.

Thanks Jehle, unfortunately, that guitar was stolen from my truck on Christmas Day while visiting my mother. I started a thread on it in the Player's Corner section with the same description and link to pics as this thread.

As far as other guitar builder's forums go, lets let this thread die. I wasn't impressed with the way sysops attempted to publicly humiliate one of their "paying" members. If they wanted to bitch about his comments/conduct they could have followed their own rules and kept it on a private level. Nuff said...case closed.

@Drak: I do not deny that the mimf is a great ressource. Although they know much more about more conventional guitars than modern guitars. There were many very helpful people there. I do not diss the participants of the mimf. I am really fed up with their moderators and the way they treat less expirienced people.

I tried everything to sort things out at mimf. I critizised their moderating style in the most polite manner possible and emailed the moderators, etc.. I even donated. Without success. If you want to know why I am so angry and why I think that bad about the mimf, then you should have followed some threads there. Unfortunately they are no longer visible and do nut turn up via a search, so I cannot give you links to them....