Whammy Bar 'slack'

I have two different guitars with replacement whammy bars, and both have the same problem:

The threading/diameter of the trem arm is just a bit too small, it seems, so that touching/using/moving it causes some unpleasant vibrations (and thus noise) in the bridge. Has anyone found a reliable solution to this problem? I was considering using teflon plumber's tape to wrap the threaded end of the arm with. This would have the advantage of tightening up the fit as well, which would be beneficial as the arm doesn't screw in far enough to fit stiffly (the brass nut in the underside doesn't screw up high enough to stiffen it either). The problem I find with this is that I must take out the arm to fit it into the case, so the TFE tape could constantly come unwrapped.

Any suggestions?

I was considering using teflon plumber's tape to wrap the threaded end of the arm with. ... The problem I find with this is that I must take out the arm to fit it into the case, so the TFE tape could constantly come unwrapped.

Any suggestions?

thats what i usually suggest, a roll of tape should last a while if you have to repally every so often but its not usually not much of a problem