Hey everybody I am a new member. I have yet to build a guitar, I am trying to absorb as much as I can before I jump into the building process. I live in the eastern united states my name is sam. I play in a band with my friends, and I am just glad to be here!

Welcome.

Two tips to make you life easier on this system.

1. Do a search for whatever your question is before you ask. Chances are that it's been covered. Search is top right corner. You can spend weeks doing searches. I'm stuck in a cubicle all day, I know!

2. Get "Make Your Own Electric Guitar, by Melvyn Hiscock". A lot of answers to questions are going to be "Get the Book".

Enjoy building guitars. It's addictive.

Again, Welcome!

_john

1. Do a search for whatever your question is before you ask. Chances are that it's been covered. Search is top right corner. You can spend weeks doing searches. I'm stuck in a cubicle all day, I know!

2. Get "Make Your Own Electric Guitar, by Melvyn Hiscock". A lot of answers to questions are going to be "Get the Book".

1. +1

2. +862

Don't get the wrong idea. Nearly everyone here is eager to help and has great advice. Most folks are pretty friendly, too. All John is saying is that a LOT of topics have been discussed in freat detail, and that the book is very good. The combination of the two is an invaluable resource to beginning builders like you & I.

That being said, don't be afraid to ask whatever you like. Be sure to share your progress as well. Good luck!