Hello There!

Hi all,my name's Eric, I'm a newbie here, although I'm not new to building instruments. I've been a luthier for almost 17 years now, spent over 3 years doing repair work for a couple of my local GC stores,( Seattle area) and only just discovered this awesome site. Doh!

Anyway, I thought I'd show off a piece I built a couple of years ago. 7 string PRS replica, (the guy I built it for is a huge PRS fan) hollow walnut body, bookmatched quilted maple top. What do you think?sevenofseven.jpgcloseupfinished.jpg

Edited by weezer2112

Looks great! The nut looks a little wide for my tastes, and the knob layout seems a bit close to the edge of the body, but otherwise this looks like an awesome guitar! Any more pics of it, especially the sides and back? I like to see the contrast in the colored top/natural core. Also, if you've been building for 17 years, then you've got a lot of other stuff to show us as well. Can't wait to see more of your work, and welcome to the forum. :D

Post away, man! That build is fantastic! How does it sound? I've been toying around with wood combos myself, trying to put together an RG-style thinline for some jazz playing. I'm shooting for 2-1/4" thick, 1-1/4" body with 1/2" top and back. Am I correct in saying that yours looks about the same thickness?

This guitar was in fact modelled after the PRS Archtop, and is almost 4" thick!After cutting out the main body section, I contoured the back and then gutted the inside to a back thickness of .25" I left two sections sticking up in the guitar to match up with corresponding pieces inside the top, so that when the top was glued on I'd have posts from top to bottom for the bridge studs. Except for a neck block area the rest of the interior is hollow. Ended up sounding a lot like a 335, which made my customer very happy!

I'll post pics of some of my other work when time permits.