Jackson Style Swirl?

6.jpg

here's the guitar I'd be interested in learning about. I have it by the way so if there's any questions about anything just ask.

I've seen the tutorials for swirling with the vat of water and borax etc, but this is something different. You can see it's made up of 3 colours, green blue and purple. These colours melt into eachother, are very slightly transparant (I think). Maybe dyes were involved, but I still don't understand how the swirl was achieved.

Any ideas?

That's the Eerie Dess Swirl paint scheme from Jackson. The scheme is available on the USA, and the Japanese Jackson as well. The Japanese being entry-level, 400-500$ guitars, the paint is probably machine-sprayed. They are not using employees to do some intense, hours long airbrush jobs. These guitars are made by the thousands per year... Just imagine the costs.

The USA are handmade.

This guitars is a Jackon DK2. The older model, with the chrome hardware. Basic Jackson stuff; alder body, maple neck, rosewood FB, Duncan pups.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/sea...rtno=2911000528

Edited by MescaBug

its marbilizer. you spray a black basecoat, the get silver/white marbilizer, spray on, let sit for about 30 seconds. then you can use a fine wide brush to make the swirling disign. you can make other cool stuff with a plastic bag and stuff. then clear with the candy color(s) of your choice.

its marbilizer. you spray a black basecoat, the get silver/white marbilizer, spray on, let sit for about 30 seconds. then you can use a fine wide brush to make the swirling disign. you can make other cool stuff with a plastic bag and stuff. then clear with the candy color(s) of your choice.

Pretty much nails how they do it. I am not sure if they use the brush or the saran wrap technique but it is definetly just a marbelizer paint and then candy's.

What's really funny is Erie Dess is what HOK used to label the cans of marbelizer as.

I'm on another custom paint forum where a HOK tech explains how to do it.

Basically as stated.

Prime

Seal ( if you use black sealer there is no need for base coating)

Spray marbelizer

Swirl as you wish, that look is done with plastic

Spray transparent color layer(ie Candys)

Clear

I would stick with all HOK products for this if you can spray them safely. Coast Airbrush sells small quantity kits.

You can also marbelize with any color Auto Air paint.

• 11 years later...