Need Help Bad, Big Oopsy!

I was trimming down my bent sides getting ready to glue the blocks in when a side chipped out BAD. (if I knew how to upload pictures here I would). I was thinking that I could cut the area into a rectangle and just glue in another piece and brace it on the inside, This would be Very noticeable in the end I think. My other option is to cut 1/2" off of each sides thickness, but I don't really want to do this either, and I don't know any way to do this due the sides being bent already. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

P.S any help on uploading photos would be great.

-thanks Jeff

It's the lower bout, it can either be top or bottom whichever way is needed. I was thinking about just making a larger graft but it chipped a little further than the block goes so it will not work. I was just thinking that I make a big end graft and just add a little square piece it would be fine, but yet again it would be very noticeable. I would switch to a different set of sides but I would have to order the wood and I need to finish this guitar by April 12 so I cutting it close anyway.

GLue it back, then design a funky end graft.

How were you cutting that? IMO, this kind of trimming should be done with a handsaw (my vote is for a japanese with crosscut teeth), and minimise any planing (end grain is not fun, even with a nice, sharp Lie-Nielsen low angle block).

you don't want to know what kind of saw I used. I learn't my lesson that sometimes the faster way is not better, I was using a chop saw, all the other cuts were fine up until the last one. The problem is that I could only find one of the two pieces or else I would just glue it back to together.

GLue it back, then design a funky end graft.

How were you cutting that? IMO, this kind of trimming should be done with a handsaw (my vote is for a japanese with crosscut teeth), and minimise any planing (end grain is not fun, even with a nice, sharp Lie-Nielsen low angle block).

a big +1

i'd try a patch.. look for a section (or area) in another piece (the same as your sides) that looks almost exactly identical, and somehow someway, make it work!! fit it and glue it in w/ titebond..