Kobalt Tools?

I have a few hand tools made by them; they seem just fine.

Haven't really looked at any of their power tools. (Actually, I don't recall ever seeing a power tool from them.)

i just saw them for the first time while i was at lowes... seem like a pretty good quality product for the $. i don't really go to home depot much, far prefer lowes...

Save your money, buy quality tools. Never skimp on your tools. It will only hurt once!

Gil

Sorry you have that impression on Kobalt tools. They are quality tools, the reason the price is so low is the same why Carvin products are half the price the competition... it is sold by the people who makes them, no mark up or BS to pay extra about it. I have a few of their tools and I just bought Home Depot spray gun, and they are very nice. Maybe not as nice as a Sata, but sprays 2K and nitro as nice as I can shoot them.

Save your money, buy quality tools. Never skimp on your tools. It will only hurt once!

Gil

I know that the Cobalt hand tools were at one point made by Snap On. I don't know if they still are. I bought some of their tools at one point before I was aware of that, and was very impressed by the quality. Definitely superior to the equivalent craftsman hand tools. Excellent tools for the money. Now, as far as any power tools I really don't know. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were quite high quality as well.

That gun is pretty nice, I was going to buy it but the CFM's was a bit more than what my compressor puts out. So I got the one from Home Depot, a few bucks cheaper but with a nylon cup.

small compressor? i have a porter cable 6hp 20g 135psi compressor, i figure itd keep up, though i don't how how it rates when it comes to CFM...

Edited by ElysianGuitars

That gun is pretty nice, I was going to buy it but the CFM's was a bit more than what my compressor puts out. So I got the one from Home Depot, a few bucks cheaper but with a nylon cup.

small compressor? i have a porter cable 6hp 20g 135psi compressor, i figure itd keep up, though i don't how how it rates when it comes to CFM...

For the small guitar woro it shouldn't be a big deal, but I had in mind painting a few body parts and motorcycles, so I wanted to match the CFMs as close as possible.

This is my compressor.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

For the small guitar woro it shouldn't be a big deal, but I had in mind painting a few body parts and motorcycles, so I wanted to match the CFMs as close as possible.

This is my compressor.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

nice. funny enough, i'd also likely wind up painting car parts, or possibly my car, with it.