Flamenco Guitar Playing

JohnnyG

basically i would like to start learninga little bit of flamenco. just enough to play a couple of chord progressions and make up my own stuff. i have my old 6 string folk acoustic and i figure that i may as well get the most use out of it

what i want to know is where would be a good place online to find lessons??? all the sites ive found so far are in ittalian and me no speaké the lingo.

any help or anybody who can tell me what chords/scales are most often used??? cheers

JG

flamenco is not something that you can just get tab for. you need a teacher with years of experiance. you need to learn the technique involved (playing with all 5 fingers is involved sometimes). You need to be absolutly fluent in reading. that you can get a head start on. try playing classical tab first just to get a feel.

you can learn ANYTHING online or through tab.some people would say you can't learn how to build guitars online.classical fingerpicking is the same as flamenco fingerpicking.in my experience teachers bury you with books and opinions instead of getting down to business.

as far as where to learn online...i don't know,just keep searching.don't give up.learn it by ear if you need to.

hhhmm i can se both sides of the argument. so far all my guitar playing skills have come from just playing system of a down tabs 24/7 lol

finger picking is something i needto improve lol so im definatelly starting with the basics first

yeah you probably can but it would take very long and there would be noone there to tell you id you are doing it wrong

Doing it in a peculiar way doesn't mean you do anything wrong. For me the best lesson is: keep listening - keep playing.