warped fingerboards

i have 2 problems concerning warping

1. i have a zircote fingerboard that is already slotted, and it's been sitting around and i just noticed it is U shaped as u look down the board, so it don't sit flat on a neck, it kinda pivots in the middle and sways side to side. Can i just glue this down with lots of clams on both sides? or just run it thru the planer right before i glue?? i'd like to try and save it if i can.

2. I have 2 peices of wood both with about 1/8 to 1/4" warp/twist in the board, the board for guitar fingerboards is 4-1/2" x 23" x 11/16 and i'm hoping to get 4 finger boards out of it, the board was planed but then twisted in the store room is what i heard from the person who sold it to me. I was thinking resaw it with a bandsaw then cut each board into 2 fingerboard blanks, but the twist is going to make things tricky, can i try and steam it out?? and just keep the board pressed down while it dries out? or should i do all the cutting then fix the boards when they're in smaller thinner blanks? oh ya, planning this board is not really an option, cause i only have 3/16" to pull of the resaw with a twist... :D

Someone (s) wiser than me will add their input, but my first take is to forget those warped chunks. Why risk a small part of the guitar messing up all the work you'll do?

If you need to use them, I'd at least put them on bolt-on necks, not set neck or neck throughs. And I be sure to mate them with strong straight neck wood. Straight grain, quartered rock maple or a laminated neck that uses similarly stable, strong wood. No birds eye or maple or mahogany.

Just my opinion...

well #2 is going on a 3 peice lamintanate quartersawn purple heart neck thru (very strong), i was thinking about doing a 0.8" (20mm) thick neck.. but i'd still like to fix the twist before glueing

please somone help!! lol

look at that link setch provided in the set neck removal thread.the guy in it takes a warped fingerboard and straightens it

really? i hadn't noticed that part, thanks wes!

.... looks like i'll need a heatgun

ok so i got the heatgun,

i'm a little confused though, should i or should i not steam one or both sides of the board? isn't moisture bad? will i have to wait a couple months for all the steam to dry aout since the board is 11/16" thick? and about 5-6" wide?

i've read a couple of ways, steaming, boiling, wet heating, dry heating, ... no idea which to do, and how hot to make the wood?