Floyd Rose...

Don't worry about your English, man :D You're fine.

As for the bridge, it's a "licensed" Floyd, so my guess is that it will be around the same quality as most other licensed bridges.

My concern is that the bridge you show is a Fastloader Floyd, and the bridges on the JEMs are not. I don't know if they are able to be replaced without modification to your instrument.

But what is wrong with the bridge on your JEM? If you have a JEM to begin with, the quality of that Floyd bridge is much better than the one you want to buy.

I didn't mentioned that I am building a Jem, so I need a cheap but good floyd...

thanks anyway!

any other opinion is welcome!

Cheap but good?

Get a used Edge or Edge Pro from ebay or a Gotoh/Shcaller FR if you must have a Floyd look alike.

Seriously though... a used Edge is pretty cheap and they're your best bet.

I recently bought the same bridge from guitarfetish in black, and it seems pretty good to me. I should point out though that my guitar has a tremsetter installed, and I haven't tried it without the tremsetter, but for my purposes it has been great. It returns to the exact same pitch after dives, and the fastloader aspect is definitely a lot less of a pain in the ass than the crappy double locking trem it replaced.

Thats my experience with it, but as I pointed out I do have a tremsetter installed, so how much of the pitch-stability is due to the quality of the bridge, and how much is down to the tremsetter, I do not know.

Obviously I also do not yet know how it will hold up over time.

Thought I'd share just incase thats at least slightly useful.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure about these single-locking licensed floyds. are they really as stable as a double-locking design? no chance of the ball-ends moving around and getting stuck as you use the trem? I guess if you used fender speed-bullets or whatever they call them it should work fine.

I'd still prefer getting a used OFR or Edge trem (or Gotoh licensed floyd). They look and play great and will stand up to some serious abuse.

Dont get a cheap Floyd. The good ones have enough trouble. A cheap floyd copy will not sit right, will not intunate, and will get chewed up on the posts. I know cause I've been there. I got a Jackson one, which is pretty good. It was only like 70-80 bucks, and its fairly good quality. Hard steel, heavy duty screws.

Dont get a cheap Floyd. The good ones have enough trouble. A cheap floyd copy will not sit right, will not intunate, and will get chewed up on the posts. I know cause I've been there. I got a Jackson one, which is pretty good. It was only like 70-80 bucks, and its fairly good quality. Hard steel, heavy duty screws.

Care to elaborate as to how it would not intonate?