Jackson neck pocket....

Hello All,

I'm new here. I'm just starting to get into building my own guitars and thought this would be a good place to hang out and learn stuff. :D

I have a quesiton though, I'm putting together a guitar right now and found a Jackson replacement neck on Ebay. Its going on a strat style body with a standard Fender neck pocket. Do the Jacksons have the same pocket dimensions? The only reason I ask is because I though most bolt-on necks had the same Fender pocket, but my BC Rich is actually 1/16" bigger. That kinda threw me off. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

If it's a 22 fret jackson neck, I have no idea. If it's a 24 fret neck, scale length will be off. And if the heel looks like the one on my 13yrs old KE3, it certainly will not fit.

In reply to Saber's message: Be careful with picture-linking off of company webpages. There is a movement to sue piclinkers and deeplinkers and I hear that the companies usually win those lawsuits. You surely did link with the best intentions, but better have it a little less comfrotable than being sued for going the extra mile for a few friends

so long

ace

In reply to Saber's message: Be careful with picture-linking off of company webpages. There is a movement to sue piclinkers and deeplinkers and I hear that the companies usually win those lawsuits. You surely did link with the best intentions, but better have it a little less comfrotable than being sued for going the extra mile for a few friends

so long

ace

That's why I purposely credited the images to them in my post, and I doubt that they mind the free advertising. And since I'm not making a red cent from it, they have no reason to sue me. But thanks for the warning and I'll keep it in mind in future posts.

Just thougth I'd give an update and another question.

I got the neck and it fits in the standard strat pocket perfectly.

The neck is predrilled and slotted for a floyd rose locking nut, but the body is routed for a wilkinson bridge. Do you guys think there will be a problem with that combination?

Thanks,

The BC Rich will be fine, I'm eventually cutting a new body for it anyway...... :D