How Do You Feel About Recycling...

thrashncrust

Capacitors, diodes, resistors, etc.... I am looking to build a treble booster and a few other small simple effects. I have an old 70s stereo receiver that I will never use that is full of all sorts of different crazy parts.

Please keep in mind that I don't have the money to go out to an electronic supply store (which I don't even think there is one in my town) and buy stuff, that's why I am asking about recycling parts. I am hoping to find the parts I need in old electronic equipment that isn't being used any more. Even old pedals that don't work. Thanks in advance for your opinions/facts/help

The thing you wanna watch is electrolytic caps. They don't last as long. If they're bulging or discolored or there's crud seeping out, don't use them, they're probably about to blow! (And when they do, they'll short your power supply to ground! :D )

The thing you wanna watch is electrolytic caps. They don't last as long. If they're bulging or discolored or there's crud seeping out, don't use them, they're probably about to blow! (And when they do, they'll short your power supply to ground! :D )

thats the first thing that i though

btw do a little research on old electronics some of that stuff will bring $$$

also dontforget the transformers and switches they come in handy too.