My Weekend

Hi All,

This is what I got done this weekend. A new 3 piece redwood top glued up for a new acoustic build, also a new side bender made. Also received my heat blanket today from Blues CreekGuitars. VERY COOL it really helps the light box. See my tests pieces :D

Spring back from just the lights is much greater.

sprgback1.jpg

The new bender with the new heat blanket as well :D

bender1.jpg

and the new top ( wood compliments of JON)

3ptp.jpg

and also got some more fill coats on the darkside guitar. B) almost ready to level sand and then put the finish coats on.

new1.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Mike

Edited by MiKro

Good work Mikro ! Is the large piece of wood in the last pic quilted maple ? :D

and whats the piece just poking out behind it???

I think you knew that picture would make us curious B)

i think the resoclock is a great idea :D

Good work Mikro ! Is the large piece of wood in the last pic quilted maple ? :D

and whats the piece just poking out behind it???

I think you knew that picture would make us curious B)

i think the resoclock is a great idea :D

Wez and Andro,

The large piece is quilted,curly, birdseye maple 4/4in x 14-1/2in x 70in, AND the one behind is a billet of quilted mahogany 10/4 x 6-1/2in x 50 in. :D

The maple is a very special piece as I have never found one quite like it. It was over 12 ft long B) It is being used on a fireplace surround I am building. I am going to try and keep enough for a set of sides and back for a 000 build. I have a great sitka spruce 4a top with bearclaw to use with it.

As far as the clock that is the top of my reso build but the clock is not attached. My nephew keeps wanting me to add a fake neck and add the clock and make it a bar clock for his place

Mike

Edited by MiKro

The large piece is quilted,curly, birdseye maple 4/4in x 14-1/2in x 70in, AND the one behind is a billet of quilted mahogany 10/4 x 6-1/2in x 50 in. :D

You are a very very very lucky man ! Congrats !

My nephew keeps wanting me to add a fake neck and add the clock and make it a bar clock for his place

Great idea ! Show us the results if you make it !

mike that bender looks fantastic. I need to come over and have you demonstrate it for me.
Weston,

Bring some beer and come on!!! I'll bend you a set of sides :D Won't take long, Bent a set of ambrosia maple sides today in about 2 1/2 hours . I know some will say I need to let cook and cool longer but they were well cooked and one was OVERdone in that time :D now I have some scorching in one ( damn me and my scotch at 5 pm) and a lot of sanding to get them right B)

MK