Scratch/Dent

At a show, my rhythm guitarist jumped off a piece of furniture and came down sort of next to me, and his guitar hit mine. The result was a nice, 1" long scratch in my guitar, and its pretty deep at one end. :D

Anyway, is there a way to get the scratch out? I've been so careful with this guitar and I'm really down about this. I'm on limited funds, by the way. Do you need to see pics to be able to tell? I can take some and post them.

Or if it's solid you may have to refinish to get it to look good. I always go the hard way anyhow. If it's a laquer stain, you're gonna have fun matching it. Also, if it's a dent instead of a chip, you might want to try steaming it out...just get a rag wet, and then use an iron to make the wood swell. the sand and reseal, paint, and clear (if all are applicable).

Camera is out of batteries at the moment, but I can take pictures soon

The finish is black gloss, and I would assume there are many coats of clear over that. The dent is not down to the wood, but still pretty deep, then there's a scratch in sort of a zigzag pattern, which isn't down to the wood either.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
you need pics.

you need to kill your rythym guitarist. :D

You need to get your rhythm guitarist to pay for it B)

And THEN kill him :D

Then tell his girlfriend he never paid you.

you need pics.

you need to kill your rythym guitarist. B)

i'm considering it... but to the people who commented after that

he's in a band- he has no money

he's a rhythm guitarist- he has no girlfriend :D (just kidding all you rhythm guitarists)

pics coming soon

also... i saw an ad in G1 for a scratch removal kit... does this work?