Just found this site yesterday - Excellent resource... where was it a year ago when I started my first solid-body...???

I've been playing off & on since high-school (20-odd yrs, sad to say); about 4 years ago I made an acoustic OOO model (Martin look-alike), with mixed results. Last year I put together a solid-body with much better results. I love playing this thing. It needs a head-stock reshaping (due this Dec/Jan) and a logo (thanks to Tutorials, I now know how to do a custom Logo).

My primary interest in building is furniture, but I can offer some interesting shortcuts/tips on how I put this guitar together, including an interesting wiring setup (notice no pickup selectors...?). The shortcoming on this model is the finish, but I'll be readdressing that in conjunction with the headstock reshaping next month - thanks, again, to the tutorials on this site (StewMac's guidelines on applying translucent lacquer finish). Once I figure out how to post it, I'll put a photo on for review/comment.

Good to be aboard and I look forward to a prosperous learning experience with all.

Larry

I joined the board like a long time ago, but I didn't pay any attention to it. Then I came and found this awesome site, but what's this? My screen name's taken? Tried my password and then remembered joining :D . Haven't built any yet, but I'm working on customizing a Strat and asking lots of questions. Apparently I'm screwed though, cause my first guitar is gonna be the Carriburst...I hope practice really does make perfect.