Latest Finished Projects

The specs on the Kelly are:

Neck: laminated 3 piece thru body neck made of purpleheart

Body: Spanish cedar wings

Fretboard, quebracho, 25 1/2", 24 frets, pearloid inlays

Bridge: Fixed kahler

Pickup: GFS Crunchy Paf ( which is very similar to a SD SH-5)

Kelly1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...lock/kelly4.jpg

It was very hard to photograho cuz my camera sucks.

Haven't wired it yet though

now the warlock :twisted: I am really pleased at how this one came out, it looks so much better than the blue camo warlock i own

Specs:

Neck: thru body neck made of purpleheart/spanish cedar/purpleheart

Body: mahogany wings

Fretboard: Gaboon ebony, 24 frets, 24 3/4" scale, MOP diamond inlays

Bridge: BC Rich Quadmatic

Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB SH-4

warlockcamo6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...arlockcamo5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...arlockcamo2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...arlockcamo3.jpg

I'd almost agree with you about GOTM. The more traditionally shaped bodies with natural finishes tend to do better than a camo Warlock would. Personally, I think the multi-color paint jobs would be harder to do than just slapping some lacquer on it. Did you spray the paint yourself?

Yup i painted them myself. I got tired of taking my guitars to this guy who charges a LOT for painting a guitar, and on the last guitar he painted for me, he did on it what HE whanted not what i wanted, and i had paid him like 500$ so i said screw it and did it myself. He wanted for the camo graphic around 700$...

I used DuPont´s Chroma Clear paints, from the primer to the paints and the clear coat itself, it works really good, and can take a very high shine :D I love it :D

And yes, GOTM...i agree that most people don't like pointy guitars, but in the GOTM...it has to be a very classical looking instrument to win ( unless it's a bass)

Well Eddie, you know I love it. Then again, any Max era warlock is a winner in my book. maybe someday we will see a return to BCR for Max because his new sig is just UGLY!

Yeah I hope so!! You know this is a different one, right? I have a blue camo one and this is a gray camo :D

I don't like the newer models Max have been using like the AX and i didn't like the Viper either...even if his camo one was cool it couldn't top his warlocks.

The camo Warlock really needs to get on a stage, and get PLAYED TO DEATH! That is such a catchy guitar.

The Kelly, I don't like.

Cuz you stole my favorite idea for a kelly/Explorer shaped guitar! Big pointy guitars with silverbursts are so awesome, so I can't like it out of sheer jealousy. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My latest finished proyect:

I wanted a replica of In Flames´Björn Gelotte Les Paul Custom, minus the pickguard, i hate those things on Les Pauls.

So i had the luck that some kid had a really beaten Gallan Les Paul Copy...it had a plywood body and all...yuck...but the top was solid maple, i made a spanish cedar body for it, a neck neck , 3 piece of mahogany, spanish cedar and mahogany, new fretboard, ebony, 22 frets, new inlays, MOP blocks, the only things i used from the guitar were the top and it's multi ply binding and the headstock plate, cuz it had a multi ply binding as well, i had to make the split diamond ( and didn't come out that well...damn curved MOP) and of course, it's got my name on it, Torres, with the Gibson font:)

It is almost finished, it doesn't sound yet as i need a gold jack plate and a gold pickup selector...i have both piece but in chrome...

IMAG0020-4.jpg

IMAG0021-5.jpg

IMAG0022-4.jpg

IMAG0023-1.jpg