Ugliest Guitars Ever Made......your Entries Please!

http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/galassia...elli/cat05.html

The one on the right. Seriously - why would they have made this one?

http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/misc/europe/russe.html

Dude. I mean.... What... ???

http://www.conklinguitars.com/bizarregalle...nedescript.html

The man wanted a candy cane. I can't even make fun of him for this one. It's just too easy.

On a better note, I've always liked Conklin's Foxxe shape. It was pure hair metal. This one's paint job is dumb, but the shape is still great.

http://www.conklinguitars.com/bizarregalle...mbdescript.html

Proving once again I have no taste, I actually like this one.

I'm repairing a jagstang right now, and I have to say, I'm not a huge fan, something just doesn't look finished about it. Although it does look better once you turn it horizontal, I find it kind of ugly.

Proving once again I have no taste, I actually like this one.

I'm repairing a jagstang right now, and I have to say, I'm not a huge fan, something just doesn't look finished about it. Although it does look better once you turn it horizontal, I find it kind of ugly.

But the body shape looks like........y'know how a pointy stone gets all nicely rounded by the sea and becomes a beach stone??

DJ

oh yeah, @ avengers63: you're right! :D

The pick guard on the one on the left screams out that it needs to be returned to the '69 ChevyVan with the crushed velour seats and the green shag carpet that lines the walls, floor, and ceiling (leaving a spot for the mirrored ball of course).

Edited by X1TX

Okay. I just changed my mind. Totally forgot about this one! Gibson usually make beautiful guitars, but I think someone was drunk while making that shape. 2000 years of hideousness combined into one guitar.

Or, knowing gibsons quality control, the person making the guitar had the template backwards when they routed the neck pocket and management was like, "hmmm I I think I could sell that"

That guy's weird beard thing is at least as ugly as the guitar :D

Telecasters are IMO the ugliest mass produced guitar ever made, I hate everything about them, the single cut, the pickguard, the bridge, the controls, the headstock, ugly ugly ugly!

/holds up flame sheild. :D

When people send out opinions like this, I always like to know what you think is the nicest mass-produced guitar?

The beauty of the telecaster is in it's simplicity. Or so I think. Strips away the ridiculous ornamentation of other models (though this is defeated by some boutique telecasters sometimes).

When people make custom versions of teles with nice woods and such then they claw back some points from me, but the shape at the end of the still still bugs me (I'm not a big single cut fan as it is)

It depends what you mean by mass produced, are we talking the bog standard woods and finishes? Say a sunburst strat is exotic as we are allowed, or are we talking any mass produced guitar,

because PRS wipes the floor with the competition in that respect (IMO) but they are still very exotic mass produced guitars.

When people make custom versions of teles with nice woods and such then they claw back some points from me, but the shape at the end of the still still bugs me (I'm not a big single cut fan as it is)

It depends what you mean by mass produced, are we talking the bog standard woods and finishes? Say a sunburst strat is exotic as we are allowed, or are we talking any mass produced guitar,

because PRS wipes the floor with the competition in that respect (IMO) but they are still very exotic mass produced guitars.

I feel the same way about telecasters... they don't have any features I like, and a bunch that I don't. Ugly headstock, twangy single coils, small radius, etc. These appeal to most people for reasons I don't understand. I don't care too much for the maple fingerboards either (more common than rosewood on teles, I think)

You can make a telecaster that I like, but by that time it isn't really a tele at all! Some body contours, a classy finish, double hums, reverse rout, some other kind of headstock... If it doesn't feel like a tele, and it doesnt sound like a tele, and it looks nicer than most tele's, I'll take it :D