Anyone build their own amps?

goat

I'm planning on doing this as well. The sites I have checked out the most are:

http://www.missionamps.com/

http://www.dobermanamps.com/

I don't need loud, in fact with family members around, getting a good cranked tone w/o being too loud is optimal. So for me a 5 watt amp may even be too loud. Clean to bluesy breakup, no metal needed. Anyone else have opinions/experience?

goat, I built two amps. 6L6 based Fender kinda amps. They sound killer.

Any idea what you want to build, or what sound to achieve?

Thats what I`m looking for.Do you use that in a twin config?

I`m looking for that old tube tone I can overdrive a little.

i understand a fair bit about building solid state amps however i really need to find some decent material on building tube amps. infact i need to find some decent material explaining all about vacuum tubes so if anybody can point me in the right direction i would be most gratefull lol

i understand a fair bit about building solid state amps however i really need to find some decent material on building tube amps. infact i need to find some decent material explaining all about vacuum tubes so if anybody can point me in the right direction i would be most gratefull lol

This book looked interesting.

tube amp book

building amps is much like building guitar FX in that the hardest part is not so much building the ciorcuit (unless you're designing it of course) but its making something to put it in

the circuitry has to be contained in an all metal chassis to cuty out alot of the interference and background noise you'll get. this is alot hgarder than youd think.

this is the main reason that not too many people build their own asmps/FX

course if you can get some old beaten up and broken FX and amps then you can just tear out the old stuff in those and put ur new stuff in lol