GETTIN ACRYLIC TODAY! w000000t!

Snork

Speaking of acrylic, I'm in the planning stages of inlaying my fingerboard with pieces that I'll cut from an acrylic mirror. Since I've never done inlays, I practised on a small piece of rosewood. The problem though is that I'm doing it on an already fretted and scalloped fingerboard so it might take quite a while to plan and execute.

The problem though is that I'm doing it on an already fretted and scalloped fingerboard so it might take quite a while to plan and execute.

Thats going to take a very long time to do so I hope you have plenty of patience.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not practicul time wise

The problem though is that I'm doing it on an already fretted and scalloped fingerboard so it might take quite a while to plan and execute.

Thats going to take a very long time to do so I hope you have plenty of patience.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not practicul time wise

I'm well aware of this. I'm just doing this for fun and experience, and I expect this to take several days. I've got plenty of patience. :D

2 things. mirrored acrylic SCRATCHES my friend very, very, very easily. VERY easily. so one bad bend and its scratched my friend. and another thing, if you heat the acrylic, it will bend and conform to the scallops.

I never said I intended on bending it at all. And I have a sheet of around 12x24" so I can afford to lose a bit on experimentation.

Speaking of acrylic, I'm in the planning stages of inlaying my fingerboard with pieces that I'll cut from an acrylic mirror. Since I've never done inlays, I practised on this small piece of rosewood:

Mirror acyrlic looks pretty cool B) just be sure you can polish it out good, any scratch looks like 2 scratches in that stuff with reflections :D

2chromevines.jpg