My Next Project

jaycee

Heres the designs I have in mind for my next project. (which at the moment is overtaking my 12 string)

It will be clear coated, but the different colours are the woods I will use, possibley ash and sapele on the front, with Obeche/Sapele/Obeche or vise versa being the bulk of the body

The body shape is basically a Morph of a Les Paul with a trimmed lower bout and fatter horn, with the left upper bout having a Telecaster as it's inspiration

The back of the guitar will be a 3 piece

Image020-1.jpg

Image017.jpg

Any comments gratefully accepted and duly ignored :D

I think it's going to be a cool looking guitar. Of the lettered choices my first choice is most definitely B followed by either C or H. I like the altered design as well, it works well I find. The whole concept slightly reminds me of one of Russ'(thegarehanman) last guitars. The one where he used used his "tang top" design and did something like a rising sun looking top with alternating contrasting woods. I found it worked well as I think this one will. I like the wood choices a lot, I'd even love to see some satinwood in there, might look really nice in place of ash or something, nice looking wood choices though, can't wait to see this project come through. Best of luck with the project and keep us posted with progress pics!

Thanks guys.

F is definately out because I want a 3 piece back so it has to be I or J.

All the other designs will be the front. Initially the only design I had was A, but then I put the drawing onto the computer centered everything up and came up with the other ones.

So at the moment i'm still not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

All the timber is in and acclimatising, so here are the specs

Scale Length 24 3/4" ( 628mm )

Frets 22

Neck Joint 16th Fret

pickups Iron Gear "Platinum 90" P90 at the neck and the "Blues Engine " Humbucker at the bridge

Bridge Tune O Matic

Construction:

Neck Ash/Sapele horizontal laminate

Body Back 35mm Obeche/Sapele/Obeche

Front 10mm Ash/Sapele

Headstock Will have a 2mm plate with the same design as the body

Image026.jpg

I don't have any pics of the Obeche, but it is a light coloured wood but more yellower than the Ash

The Sapele in the middle is the one for the back. This may be a slow burner as regards building, as I have been i'll over the "summer "( used very loosly as those in the UK can testify to ) and still have an Acoustic to finish which should be my priority. But it is going to be difficult to stop myself from working on this project

Edited by jaycee