Anyone Play Exclusivey Their Own Guitars?

killemall8

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know about everyone else but the reason i started building in the first place was because i was fairly obsessed with guitars anyway. I already had about 14 guitars before i started building, mostly very cheap. That obsession didnt disapear as soon as i had built some of my own.

I still get major GAS for guitars from other makers, but i like to think i have better taste now - its also more expensive taste as most of the guitars i want would be interesting and unique customs rather than bog standard factory stuff. for the record i cant afford any of those customs because i am not overly well-off either, not crying poverty just yet though. I still want them and if i had the spare money i would purchase them in a second

at the moment i have two non-WV instruments in regular circulation, both are cheap, both are old.. both sound and feel completely unique in a way i couldnt possibly replicate. 1 is an old abused teisco spectrum bass from the late 60's, the other is a framus plywood archtop from the 50's. neither plays particularly nicely compared to my own stuff but they look great, sound nice and i enjoy holding and playing them immensly (and smelling in the case of the archtop)

wow i missd this post at first. 14?!!!! thats a lot of guitars. i couldnt fit more than 3 or 4 guitars in my room. do you actually get around to playing them all?

• 3 months later...
I don't really care, as long as it isn't pink.

hehe - real men play pink guitars :D here is my current favourite - and Yes, I did make it like that on purpose, its my main instrument right now, I only put it down when I need a trem, I may enter it into GOTM when ive painted the headstock B)

but, would I play my own guitars exclusively ?

NO

because ive got some great guitars with emotional attachments which ive worked on extensively to make the better and they play great..

bring on teh pink guitar.

IMG_2894.jpg

aaaah, the 80's will never die :D