neat strap lock

Snork

yeah they are nice ! you should check out what some silly guy did with them exact ones on his guitar this month for the contest! he is sooooo silly!oh and vote for him!

just kidding, these are the ones i use for my "inlayed" strap locks, i had a special bit made so i could inlay them with a perfect fit so they dont move. it works great! when you screw them to the guitar i personally think they suck monkey balls! you have no idea how many basses and guitars i had to fix because there is so much leverage from the strap that it bends the screw or worst yet it sometimes breaks!

thats why i created my idea of reccesing them into the body, this way it looks freakin cool and it will never break or bend!

thats why i created my idea of reccesing them into the body, this way it looks freakin cool and it will never break or bend!

Actually a few others beat you to it. I first saw it an a LAGG. And Dan Earlwine has a section on installing them this way in his book "how to make your electric guitar play great"

I guess the only downside is that you're "Locked" into this system once you install it this way.

-Sven

• 3 weeks later...
Actually a few others beat you to it. I first saw it an a LAGG. And Dan Earlwine has a section on installing them this way in his book "how to make your electric guitar play great"

I guess the only downside is that you're "Locked" into this system once you install it this way.

-Sven

hmm.... oh well, i didnt know anyone else did this before. ive never read any books on building guitars, so im not the first one to do it, but i am gonna do it on all my guitars!

and i dont mind being locked into this system cause, if youve ever had your guitar fall off on stage in front of a few hundred people youd feel pretty silly, escpecially if it was cause the screw snapped off!

yeah ive installed them on a j-bass once, they dont have the beveled edge to them they are just like a round drum, i couldnt find them anymore though, everywhere i looked i just found the other style, but they are what i like, i use the shcallers on my prs, just cause i dont want to drill it out, lol that will kill the value!