New Bass Finished.

well, i just finished the first pointy evil guitar i've been commissioned to do, it wasn't even meant to be that evil originally, the guy wanted a moserite-ish shape with some airline type points. ah well, here are the specs.

2 piece alder body

wenge neck, LONG neck tenon

ebony fretboard, stirling silver inlays, 34" scale, 22 frets

hipshot 4 string bass tremolo

SD quarter pounder p-bass

schaller tuners

slipstone? nut

flatwound strings 45-105

brushed aluminum pickguard, jack plate, trem cover, truss cover.

i'm really surprised how good the tremolo is to play with, really smooth, sounds great, good sustain and with a well cut nut and decent tuners it really doesn't go out of tune. i'd like to try it on a more conventional bass sometime soon.

19.jpg

Insanely cool, very unique. Never seen a bass with a trem before, but that's probably just because I'm ignorant when it comes to the finer details of basses. I do quite like this one though.

Edited by ae3

thanks guys, as far as cutting the aluminum, its 2mm thick, its not really that hard to work with. i cut it very accurately on the bandsaw, then, with plenty of care and plenty of personal protection used a bevel router bit with a bearing at the bottom like you would a normal pickguard, the customer had assured me that if it screwed up my bit he'd buy me another, im sure it dulled it but still seems to work fine. then plenty of hand sanding.

i really dig the aluminum pickguard and would love to see it on more of a retro looking thing (which is what i usually do i). its a whole lot cheaper than regular 3 ply plastic too!