Carousel's New Strat

This one is a pretty basic build. Just using up some spare parts I have laying around the shop. Basically, its going to be either a cream colored or white strat (2 piece poplar body) with a solid rosewood neck (beautiful wood). The pickguard will be black and all hardware chrome. Not much to it.

So here are some pictures

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

DSCN0836.jpg

One question though.. I will be spraying a polyurethane finish on this one, probably minwax waterbased poly or target coatings waterbased poly. I still have no idea what type of paint is compatible with these finishes.

Looking beautiful. Love that neck!

Only thing I'd like to see is a deeper cutaway or the bridge and neck repositioned to accommodate the extra frets - even if upper fret access isn't an issue for you, I think it looks a bit odd with the 24th fret way up into the body.

Yeaa i see what you mean about the fret access. Im going to deepen the cutaway and reshape the back tomorrow (I routed around a quarter inch off of the back because of the neck pocket screws not being long enough, and me not wanting to buy new ones.) Everything should be done by tomorrow I'd imagine. just have to do some pickguard work reshape the cutaway and the back and sand.

Ah interesting, The 23/24is overhang though.

Oh! okay i realized what The problem is.. When I was building thus guitar I had to shave a little wood off of the body because the blank wasnt long enough. I shaved maybe a quarter to a half inch off of the neck pocket so it looks bad. Ill just do a little more carving, Ill carve it out to the 17th fret I guess.. my mistake..

I like the butt end truss rod adjustment aswell, the head stock flows much better, one of my warmoth necks, has that type. If your too lazy to bother taking off the neck, well meh its easy enough for me. And im assuming he copied the neck carve off a warmoth due to the profile and heel transition. Looking to be a real player.