new restoration and rebuilding project!

well guys the time has finally come, i just got the body for a kerry king wartribe im going to be building, but the body needs a hell of a lot of work. the pickup slots are not the right size and the previous owner tried to route it out for a kahler but it is way to small, so heres the question, should i just block off all of the parts and reroute the whole guitar?

Is the bridge routing neat or was it just hacked at? If the routings are all neat, then it may not be too difficult to adjust size and tidy up. Then again if its abit messy, i'd be tempted to block and re-rout. That way you be really **** and make eveything perfect. When i altered pickup configuration, i did the hacking thing, it wasn't the best solution but my excuse was that i had a pickguard to cover the mess :D

Another opinion would be nice (i may be talking outta my a##.....again!)

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
im going to be putting a floyd into this guitar unless i can find a kahler, but thats gonna be tough!

I will see about kahlers. There's a used one in the shop I go to. They might have something else if you want me to check. FWIW, they sole me a Bill Lawrence L500 for $25 US.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

yes...its a black kaher copy. The MGR wasnt available, so they just told me cheap. I will call them in the AM. Its 3:30am and they open at 11 AM. Let ya know

Oh and it needs a spring and an arm.

I estimate $20