#3 Lp Style Finished

RDub

Just wanted to show off my latest.

Body is mahogany with Maple

Neck Mahogany

Ebony headplate and fingerboard

EMG 81/85

Skull knobs and inlays(Pearl from Andy Depaule

Finish is Targets Emtech 6000 series water-based laquer, applied by brush. Stew mac pigments for the black back and sides. The top is dyed with analine.

Thanks for looking.

PICS032.jpg

PICS033.jpg

PICS029.jpg

PICS036.jpg

Sorry the last ones so dark. My good camera broke, and this is the best I could do with what I've got.

Really nice RDub!

Thinking of the same color (little darker) on my next build.

Is it just black analine sanded down and clearcoated!?

How did it go with the inlay, did you try to scrape it with a razorblade like you mentioned!?

I have little sanding left on mine before I'll get to that but...

/Kenneth

• 1 month later...

I noticed that CD in the background, but said to my self,"no one's gonna look that close" Guess I was wrong huh? If only I'd used a different angle, you would have seen the shelf with the hardcore stuff on it. :D Those are my wife's CDs, I swear!!!

Kenneth, The top was done with analine dyes. I put a coat on, then sanded back, then another coat to get the grey color. If you want yours a little darker, you might try Trans tint in the laquer for a few coats. I did that that, but I got it a little too dark, so I sanded back. Decided I liked this look better. If you try the trans tint, you really only need a drop or two, it goes a long way after a couple coats. Good luck.

Oh, and I decided against putting color on the headstock, since it was a nice dark piece of ebony. Thought it would look better next to the ebony fretboard.

Edited by RDub