Dust Mask / Glasses

I work as a ice hoceky referee and we are required to half shields. There are a few good products. The usual anti-fog for glasses at the sproting goods stores works. A drop of shampoo or liquid dish detergent rubbed around and then wiped off with a dry rag. A free one is a little spit rubbed around and then dryed off. Doesn't last as long, but compared to what we deal with, I am sure it will last plenty long on safety glasses.

I'll have to try that motorcycle defogging stuff, I'm sure my brother has some around. Last time I was at Rockler I bought one of those soft dust masks dust-bee-gone mask. I had a gift certificate and it was on sale I think. I just didn't want to buy anymore sets of regular dust masks, plus wanted something that didn't fog up my glasses and these don't for the most part, you must make sure its adjusted right, but overall I really like the mask. I over estimated the size, so I still need to have my moms adjust it by sewing up some areas, but all in all I dig the mask a lot. Beats normal dust masks comfort wise. Still for when I'm working with a respirator and masks the defogging ideas seems great, always just used spit when snorkling or diving.

Edited by jmrentis

I wear a respirator, not a dust mask. The type with screw on filters. They're not expensive, more effective than dust masks, you can switch the filters (for paint/finish). And I have no problems with fogging with them.

Same here. I'm extremely (maybe overly) cautious when it comes to safety in the shop.

I wear a respirator, not a dust mask. The type with screw on filters. They're not expensive, more effective than dust masks, you can switch the filters (for paint/finish). And I have no problems with fogging with them.

That's what I use too I hate wearing dust masks they fog up my glasses and it's not like breathing actual air but with a respirator I never have any problems they never fog up my glasses and it's like breathing fresh air plus it's a one time purchase instead of having to use a new dust mask every time I use one. Now I just got to get myself to wear it more.

I find the 1/2 respirator masks too confining. Also you tend to sweat in them after long periods of use. But they are certainly the best filters out there expecially for spray painting.

I have used a Mask called Dust Bee Gone for wood, a cloth mask which is not disposable, around $40 US. Worked great when I was cutting up thousands of board feet of nasty particle board. Don't remember it fogging safety glasses or my normal glasses. Still using it after 5 years.

There was also a mask which had a tube which went over your shoulder to keep your face shield or glasses from fogging. have no clue if its still around.

Here is some web related Dust bee gone review Link says it does not fog glasses?