Sanding Off Logos?

I just purchased a Peavey Tracer guitar neck off ebay the other day. I'm going to be putting it on a custom built guitar body. Personally, i see no benefit to keeping the Peavey logo on the headstock and plan on sanding it off and repainting (or maybe even leave it raw wood if possible). Is there any good reason for not sanding the headstock and repainting?

There’s no good reason at all that I can see. The guitar will no longer be a Peavey … and there’s many on here who would rightly argue that you shouldn’t represent it as such.

If you’re asking whether what you want to do is difficult or whether you’ll affect the structural / tonal qualities of the guitar … no, and no. Again, many here have done it … I’m sure some examples will be posted.

So go for it and come up with your own logo. :D

:D

There’s no good reason at all that I can see. The guitar will no longer be a Peavey … and there’s many on here who would rightly argue that you shouldn’t represent it as such.

If you’re asking whether what you want to do is difficult or whether you’ll affect the structural / tonal qualities of the guitar … no, and no. Again, many here have done it … I’m sure some examples will be posted.

So go for it and come up with your own logo. :D

:D

Well... it was more along the lines of resale value. I agree that it's not a Peavey guitar and shouldn't be represented as such which is why I wanted to get rid of the logo.