Nut Help

I have a Fort Worth Model Charvel Neck from the 80s. I just recently bought an Original Floyd Rose with R3 nut. Problem is this neck wasnt designed for the floyd style nut. Is there any way I can alter the neck to fit the nut or can i just use a regular nut and not lock the floyd? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to finish up this Classic Model 2 Charvel. I posted a link to a neck just like mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-JACKSON-MAPLE-NECK-VINTAGE-80s_W0QQitemZ260425493642QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3ca291ac8a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

Edited by GuitarMan686

Was the neck from a guitar with a locking trem originally? Either way I know Charvel/Jackson used the behind the nut locking clamps at one point. Same thing that Kahler currently uses. Basically you use a regular nut to set your scale and action off of and then a clamp system screws onto the head behind the nut and locks the strings.

Using a Floyd Rose without a locking nut kind of defeats the purpose. Some people claim they get just as good results with good locking tuners, but good results can be a loose term. Any problems with the nut and locking tuners won't help. The idea of a Floyd is to completely lock the stings so there is no slippage inside the vibrating length of the string. Removing the lock from either end defeats this.