The Rear Bout...Gotta Have It?

Drak

Is A Rear Bout A Necessity For Ya?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I made a few totally chambered bodies (with a solid center strip, natch...) before I realized it wouldn't allow me to carve out a rear bout.

I was making the rear bout on my new Shark V tonight, and as I'm sanding away, realized how much I love rear bouts and really miss them if they're not there.

Especially on V's, the one I made last year, that rear bout makes that guitar so comfortable to play, you never notice the odd 'V' shape at all...

I'm gonna fall in the 'gotta have 'em' camp.

...And You???

Ahhhhhh, a 'Jimmie Page Hang It Down To Your Balls And Use It As A Sexual WEAPON' guy eh? :D

I understand! At that level, it really wouldn't matter much, all hunched over and all that...

B)

noooo.....i have long arms...that puts it at just the right spot.if it was a strat the top would be at about my navel,in which case i prefer a bout,but with the v there is nothing there.my v is very slim