Another Humidor Finished

So I finished another humidor finally! It's been sitting like 90% done for a long while now... but I finally got off my butt and finished it.

Same design as my last one, but this time in douglas fir with black limba door, legs, and trim. It also has some beautiful flamed maple trim and inlay dyed green. It uses the same quilted spanish cedar for the inside and the drawers are solid spanish cedar with olive ash burl matching veneered fronts for beauty.

It's about the same size as the 500 count end-table that cheap humidors sells. It features a hand-rubbed satin finish as well.

This one is the first one I've built to sell. It will be going to my local B&M for that purpose.

Enjoy,

Chris

drawersopen.jpg

Whole Thing

Front

Open

And the wetness you see in that one picture is me starting to season the humidor.

Can't say that I am feeling this one as much. But that could be the cigar snob in me. I am used to seeing really flash and fancy humidors (even if they are only veneered). They woods just don't seem to look quite right to me for some reason. But I wish I had the amount of cigars needed to fill one that size, or even the money to buy that many cigars.

a mate of mine has asked me since i am good with woodwork to make him oneso what measures have u gone to to regulate humity and ect.. in this?

love the legs not so sure i would have glassed the whole front if i was making a cabnet i would have covered the draws from sight in the door or made it 2 doors instead of one and used brass fittings but this looks great!

In a LARGE humidor like this the whole "lip of spanish cedar for seal" idea isn't really do-able. The way that most cabinets are done is with weather stripping, like from Lowes. Just put it where the door shuts to the frame and then have some way of making sure the door are pulled in tight onto it... be that magnets, a clasp, whatever. Also, having a ot of spanish cedar inside the humidor also helps regulate and hold humidity.

Chris