wood question

alright so I recently acquired a large quantity of a wood called snakewood or leopard wood from what I've read its a denser, harder version of lacewood (more or less :D ) anyways I was wondering it would be remotely possible to use this as a neck or if the tearout etc wood be too much of a pain either way I've got 11 ft of it so I have like 10 tops worth of the stuff if all else fails any help would be appreciated thanks.

actually its dirt cheap up here because theres no demand I got a piece thats 11ft long 6" wide and an inch thick for 30 bucks and it didnt twist I planed it all down the other night and its quite straight and very dry and man its cool lookin stuff is unbelievably heavy though and thanks for all the help guys.

I believe Snakewood and Lacewood are the 'brothers'. They look quite similar to each other.

I've got Lacewood here. Light as balsawood or Basswood almost.

Leopardwood is the really pricey stuff and doesn't look like the other two, it really looks like leopardprint.

Very cool stuff, and pricey. I'd love to work with some sometime.

actually its dirt cheap up here because theres no demand I got a piece thats 11ft long 6" wide and an inch thick for 30 bucks and it didnt twist I planed it all down the other night and its quite straight and very dry and man its cool lookin stuff is unbelievably heavy though and thanks for  all the help guys.

....After reading this , I thought that we were talking apples and oranges! Brazilian Lacewood looks so similar to the Australian Lacewood, that the only way to tell the difference is to pick it up...the Brazilian Lacewood feels almost as heavy as Cocobolo! And all of these woods bear a resembleance to quartersawn Sycamore. Surinam Snakewood has a rusty color with goldish-orange highlights with the nearly black leopard spots Snakewood....scroll down about half way

A piece of snakewood from Surinam which would be large enough to do a fretboard wwill set your wallet back about $125 for the really nice stuff. This snake wood is not a very big tree. One can usually buy from specialty wood dealers small half log pieces maybe 4x6x48 and expect to shell out $400-600 or more!

its for sure leopard wood but some dude told me that snakewood and lacewood are the same thing I was dumb enough apparently to believe him anyways yes it is leopard wood its real heavy looks like a leopard lol and I'm stoked to make a neck out of it now just need to figure out what I wanna use for the middle piece.