official carrieburst thread

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I say Viva los Texas. Whatever that means. It finally hit 65 today. I went on a retreat, and I got back from the snowy wilderness and bam! It be WARM! :D

Going out to cut some body wood now.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any teasers on wood and supplies?

Me Flamed mahogany& purpleheart neck, Quilted cherry top, Gold Floyd, Homduran Mahogany body, Purpleheart FB.....pics TBA.

But none of the finish til next year.

Muahahahaha!

Slow but steady progress wins the race, hehehe...

Got the new template for the new body shape finished today, WOO-HOO!

And have 75% of the basic body cut out and shaped.

Working on the top and bottom now.

I should be able to finish in time.

i am officially dropping out of the competition....my wife has been out of work since december and i can't afford the quality of maple needed and if i can't do it right i am not going to do it at all

i am still making the seven string v ....only difference is no maple,no carrie...probably just a solid color

I agree. Keep the family....sell a guitar, if ya gotta to keep the fam goin. I had to do that. And if you do wind up with the maple....I'll welcome ya back. Dont be a stranger.

well we have enough for everything we need...just no extra for parts and such right now....but i did just get a raise at work and she will be back to work soon...but there is no way i will be able to finish it by the due date and do a good job on it

anyway no big deal...i can still make one in the future

• 2 weeks later...

Good news and bad news.

Good news:

I have most of my carrie supplies, wood, bridge, fretwire.

Bad news:

I just got fired. I am royally pissed. At least I have time to build.....

Try the search feature. Drak, and someone else both posted a semi how to.

Sorry, bit of a late comer to this - how long have we got to finish the guitars cos I quite fancy having a stab ( along with my other mad project - the worlds sickest guitar which is currently under construction - twin neck 59 LP standard flame top 6/12 anyone :D ??? ).

Any restriction on how many necks we can put on the Carri ?

Well, You can have as many necks as you want. A multi nek carrie would be new and oriinal to say the least. I'd even venture to assume it'd be killer. I'll discuss with Drak and see what he says about "noobs" in, because y'all werent here for the deadline.

PS. Post that '59 6/12 over in the in progress section if ya havent already. I'd love to see it.

My parts are gathering together well. My shop is ready with a new airbrush. Unfortunately My wood is 3A. Ran out of money buying tools and parts, but it is not butt ugly wood either. See y'all at the finish line.

Good things. My cherry is gonna be diffy to get workin good too. Gotta bleach it, and then bring the grain back. But, I think it's gonna be fun.

Now for all involved, Is there any problem letting in the new guys for the compo? If so state them, we have a couple, and we've had some drop outs (understadable ones tho). I have no qualms with it.

Update:

Got my first body goiun strong! Still tryin to get a new design that really knocks me out for my second one.

I get my job back in 2 weeks! I picked up my last check and they made me reapply. Hell yeah I say.

• 2 weeks later...

I also got some mad quilted maple for dirt cheap out here at my mother-in-law's. A wood retailers here sells it by the pound, regardless of grade! $12. Pics soon, cant use my camera on her comp.