10 String Extended Range Bass

Thanks, I am going to be playing it standing up with my band, but I don't plan on falling over with it hahaha.

I'm going to hold off from uploading anything for a while, this was just a quick test to prove that the instrument is now functional and that I can actually play it. After I figure it out better and actually something worth a damn, I'll be sure to upload more!

really promising!

the one thing that i didnt like was the weak tone of the bottom strings, which was always going to be an issue i suppose... but i would suggest trying to lengthen the excess string length on them as it can sometimes help to make the tone less flabby

you can see this effect clearly on measly 5 string basses where the low b can be weak unless its strung through the body... but it also works if its extended behind the bridge 2" rather than through the body

cant see if its strung through body or at the back of the bridge, but if its the back of the bridge i would try experimenting with something to hold the string on the end of the body ( block of wood with a string hole clamped in place to test the idea)

if it did help then you could drill string through holes near the end of the body- although watch your string lengths if you try it

really promising!

the one thing that i didnt like was the weak tone of the bottom strings, which was always going to be an issue i suppose... but i would suggest trying to lengthen the excess string length on them as it can sometimes help to make the tone less flabby

you can see this effect clearly on measly 5 string basses where the low b can be weak unless its strung through the body... but it also works if its extended behind the bridge 2" rather than through the body

cant see if its strung through body or at the back of the bridge, but if its the back of the bridge i would try experimenting with something to hold the string on the end of the body ( block of wood with a string hole clamped in place to test the idea)

if it did help then you could drill string through holes near the end of the body- although watch your string lengths if you try it

Thank you :D

Actually, through an amp, the low strings sound BETTER and fuller than the high strings actually. Just my direct in set up for that video sucked..that video gives the tone NO JUSTICE.

I have the bridge set up so it can be backloading or through body, I currently have them all backloaded, but i think I'm going to string my lows through body to give them a little extra umph.

I really wish I could let you hear what they ACTUALLY sound like, but I doubt I'll get it to sound just like how it does through my rig, through the computer :D

I just installed my strap locks. I NEED a new strap. Even with the strap as short as it goes, I can't fit my hand around the neck while standing up, the body hangs waaaay too low.

Also, my left shoulder already hurts of just standing with it for 5 minutes. I'm going to eventually have the shoulder and neck muscles of Hulk Hogan, while the rest of my body remains the twig I am.

(If you're wondering, 120 lbs at 6', NO muscle)

wow... no joke- at 6' and 185 ( all muscle lol ) I still have shoulder pain if I use a heavy guitar for too long. Years of gigging with an Ibanez Destroyer gave me this lovely gift.... that beast will surely hurt you in the long run.

How bout a guitar strap/vest setup? lol maybe with a built in back brace. .....

Awesome looking beasty though. :D

You a Lefty? O.o

Or the video just messed up?

Cool video, nonetheless. Break out some polyrythmic stuff. :D

Video is messed up, couldn't find a way to switch it haha.

I am indeed a lefty though...when it comes to everyday tasks, I play instruments right handed though. I was told when i first picked up bass that it'd be best for me down the road if I just learned right handed instruments, even if it didn't feel natural.

Was a long painful process, but I certainly feel like i have more options since there are so few lefty instruments.