Some more progress....

yeah i worked on the guitar for about 10 hours today with the sanding and cutting out the back. Still need to check out the walnut lol. I need to work out the contour on the "hip" of the guitar. Kind of wide, I'm making it smaller. I'm just a little tired right now I'll do it later. You can see the start of the almost "tree of life" stylings of the contours starting up by the horn where the contour splits into 2. Don't mind the chisel marks near the hip i'll sand that out when I'm a little less tired. I also put in the customary strat arm rest thingy. yeah enjoy the pics. tell me what you think. I know it looks rough now but its in the very rough stages.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/481911

tell me what you think.

How did Slash creep up in your pics...and how did he lose 80 pounds for the pics?

J/K...nice work and don't take everything in here so seriously mate. You're getting the well-earned respect for your work and if you quit asking "are you gonna give me some respect now?" you'll get double. Everyone in here gets picked upon at times and noone takes it too seriously because we are united by the love for great guitars even if opinion exchange on other topics tends to get rough at times.

Along those lines: Peace out and love one another (in a non-gay way or not, whichever you prefer)

so long

ace

That's a good start, sp00t!

There's something weird about that carved top, though. It looks like the middle is carved out as well as the edges, so you've got this weird ridge running around the body contour, instead of the middle of the top being higher and the carve sloping down towards the edges.

Don't most people also laminate the top to the back before carving it? Seems like it'd be a lot harder to fit and glue it after it's all carved and contoured.

Also check out the tutorials here on how to cut a proper monkey grip. (Also something most people leave to the end, by the way.)

dont call me spoot. who are you from jemsite. and 2 i only had a dremel. I'm going to fix it with a spindle sander. no it isnt harder to glue because the back isnt carved. the back being the part of the guitar that is attaching to the midsection and back. I dont apprecialte the people on jemsite being such bastards to me i wish you would give that up.

Also check out the tutorials here on how to cut a proper monkey grip.

That's nasty. If you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything.

Snork comes out pretty strong at times, but this carved top guitar looks pretty damn good. Who are you to comment on that monkey grip?

i called someone a spoot on jemsite just kidding around and lets just say they didnt like that. i always a spoot is like a happy insult

oh..well you kind of reap what you sow sometimes...i agree with coen though...i think you are doing a great job and i don't think that just because your monkey grip is different thanthe norm that it is somehow worse.i find it boring to make a guitar exactly like a certain brand

Sorry, i didn't mean for that to sound nasty.

What i meant was that there's a really great step-by-step tutorial that might give a result that's more like the "real thing". But you're doing pretty darn good so far for cutting freehand with a dremel.

And i don't mean "sp00t" in a bad way at all. I just think it's a funny word and it stuck on Jemsite. I'll refrain from using it further.