What colour?

rhoads56

Ok, this baby is going into a store, as an example of the work i can do, and a demonstrator. So, to appeal to the greater audience, i would like to know what colour this guitar should be.

Obviously, it will be a transperant and/or sunburst finish.

Which colour or sunburst (specify sunburst colour range) would best suit this guitar? Maybe a natural, clear lacquer is best??

Sorry, only old photos, but you get the idea. Not in photo, but on actual guitar: white body binding, scallops/carved area for fret board access, black trem and control covers, gold hardware (wilkinson trem).

IMG_0704.JPG.jpg

2-9a.jpg

This was the body blank, after wiping a wet rag over it to show the grain.

Untitled-9.jpg

Guest AlexVDL

Faded honeyburst B)

Man, I would like to know how you did the carving on the top??? All by hand? Belt sander? CNC?

It looks very nice bro!!

I've always been a fan of a carved top dinky style body!

:D

Faded honeyburst B)

Man, I would like to know how you did the carving on the top??? All by hand? Belt sander? CNC?

It looks very nice bro!!

I've always been a fan of a carved top dinky style body!

:D

Ive briefly talked about how to carve the top in this thread here and on My Webpage

Basically, rout a ledge around the guitar, which sets the depth of the carve. Draw the inner "flat section" to where the carve extends to. Get out your trusty grinder, and attach a sanding dsic. Sand, using 80-120 grit paper. MAKE SURE YOU MOVE THE DISC REASONABLY QUICKLY OVER THE WOOD, or it will burn and leave valleys and lines all over your work.

The top as per the photos above, took 43 minutes to do.