Am I mad

feylya

Would it be clever/possible to go and buy this guitar , take off the fretboard and hardware, slice the body in 2, check a long piece of maple for a new neck thru and start building, slapping the fretboard back onto the neck.

My thinking is ?166 ain't too shabby for all the hardware and a body. I know the hardware wouldn't be great but Harley Benton seem to be a decent company. Got one of their amps over christmas and it sounds gorgeous. Better than the Marshall we have in the house.

i think it would be awsome! the guitar looks really great and it seems like a bargain. i would have bought one at the moment if i had the money! thanks for the tip! :D

it is indeed possible. if you know what youre doing i dont see any reason why it wouldnt work. it will probably turn out great!

I have to state that I dont consider it a good idea because the hardware and the pickups are usually the two things which make cheap guitars so much worse than better ones. And if you end up replacing them, you could buy far better wood for $170....Even the $800 Ibanez 7-string has a pickup which is so muddy for the low B-String that I'd rather play no 7-string at all....And if you are still convinced that it is a good idea, then check if the body of the guitar is hardwood at all. Many cheap guitars are made from cheap plywood which sounds not exactly excellent.