How To Fill In Dents Chips And Then Paint Over ?

Hi guys..

havent been here in a while, and the last time you all helped me restore a Hondo H1 and it was a great experience.

So now im back, for round 2

This time I have a few Ibanez USA CUSTOM GRAPHICS comming my way, and I want to fill the dents and chips with (wood filler) ? and then sand and use touch up paint..

if anyone can give me some advice as to if this is the way to go about it ? Id be more then greatfull

here is a picture of just what I need to repair and once repaired I will be getting it re clear coated..

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/T...ay/dsc_0053.jpg

Thanks...

im with oursouls on this one with the relics going for big money these days its not hurting the value to leave a few scars showing. but if you do refinish i would recomend replacing all the hardware. it looks out of place im in the process of mod/refinishing a old dearmond right now for a friend but he would only spend money on a new tailpeice and the areas we modded but the 30 year old bridge, tuners, jack plate, strap buttons. all look out of place on it.

You can fill small chips and dings with super glue (cyanoacrylate, aka CA glue) too, and it'll turn out mostly clear. Just be careful not to get it anywhere it shouldn't be because a) it's glue, and :D it can sometimes leave cloudy white stains on existing finish. If you want to mask off part of the finish to protect it from the CA glue you can smear a little Vaseline on the areas you want to protect, and if the CA gets onto there it'll peel off easily after it dries and you clean the Vaseline up.

Thanks for the help guys...

Yeah I know they are relics, but graphic models like these in my opinion dont look good in old condition. Thats better left to brown and sunburst type colors, where older looks better. I want to restore this, replace all the hardware, and then flip it for some money :D

I got it real cheap, and after im done restoring her I will sell it.

I dont do this for the money though, cause I wont make that much, its more about having fun fixing her up and then sending her on her way :D

thanks again