Ziricote Piezo Bass

If you look at other short scale basses like the Hofner Violin or Gibson EB0, etc.. the neck pickup is in the same sort of location too. I've always liked the deep, resonant tone from those type of basses, so hopefully that's something I can capture with my own, although with the EMG it's likely to be a bit more 'modern' sounding.

your work space is insanly clean, you must spend as much time cleaning as you do building :D

my stuff tends to get done in a whirlwind of sawdust & wood shavings, crap all over the place :D

But thers no arguing with the results, That is a seriously rockin bass. Gorgeous man.

• 2 months later...

Finally I'm back to work on this bass! I had some time off with Bronchitis earlier this month, then I've been busy catching up on the back log of work... no bass building makes Simo a dull boy :D

Today I've strung the bass up for a test fit, just to double check everything is as it should be. The frets haven't been leveled yet but it plays really well, it has a nice punchy unplugged tone, I can't wait to hear how it sounds when it's wired up. Next I'll be stripping it down and finishing the shaping, sanding and fretwork... then it's time to crack open the lacquer.

zb11.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

(Ignore the Gold ferrules, they're just for mock up)

IMG_4727.jpg