Fretboard Resizing?

MrValentine

from reading all of your other posts i think that the main reason you're "scared" to do this yourself is that you payed $70 for your pre-fretted f/b - correct?

also it may be beneficial for any potential offers if you say what size it is now AND what size you require it to be. other questions is the f/b bound, inlayed, (wood type?) etc are all considerations too.

this just shows that Proper Planning & Preparation Prevents P*ss Poor Performance...... :D

my personal opinion is that if you're scared to do this yourself - then should you really be attempting to build anything at all?

my 2p's worth...

Also, where are you, geographically speaking? It'd make no sense mailing a fretboard over the Atlantic ocean for something like that - but if someone lives half an hour's drive away, they might be tempted.

I agree with supplebanana though - it'd be much better for you to try it yourself. Dont worry about breaking it! If you're worried about the price of replacing a broken fretboard, you'd probably still have to pay for someone else to do the job for you. Only thing you'll gain from having a go is experience, which is worth a lot more than money is :D

Resize how? As in trim to size? I can understand not wanting to slot your own fingerboard if you don't have the right tools/templates, but if you're worried about trimming a board to size, you may not be ready to do anything that requires gluing a fingerboard to anything.